Gen 3 Catch Can questions

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now before all you start thinking why didn't I use the search function my questions today haven't been asked previously.

I am going to put a catch can on '06 as I need a way to control the oil that come out of the front mounted vent tubes when I am on the track.

I decided I am going to use an atmospherically vented can instead of replumbing hoses from the can back into the motor.
Having said that, can I use a can without a baffle/ oil-vapor seperator, meaning its just an empty can?

I know you need the baffles/oil seperator if you are plumbing back to the engine but I don't know if you need it for a vented can too.

Does the can need to be mounted higher or lower than the vent tubes on the engine or does it not make a difference.

As far as can design goes, is there a tank out there for the atmospheric venting the doesn't have the stupid looking sight level tube on the side of the tank?

thanks
Steve A.

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done the atmospheric one, one pipe from each cover, both into the side of the can, i changed the can on mine to one that does have the sight tube, gives a quick indication if all is well, and a vented cap instead of the filter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62