I hope MSD wires are good....

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Viper down for an oil change on Monday - a tech who was drooling over the engine noticed some spark from cylinder #8 when I started it up. So I pulled the plug that night only to see that the boot is all cracked and melted - it was resting against the header with a heat-cloth sandwiched in between - apparently still let enough heat through to screw up the boot pretty bad. I have a big trip to take next weekend so I had to order something quick. My local Advance Auto Parts was able to get MSD wires for $144 - $30+ cheaper than TheViperStore.com. I just hope they're any good!

Jeff

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff: We also bought the MSD wires for our '05 (still new in box)...never put them on, as we were advised they were no good (by various people). If we need wires, we'd go with AB's quality wires.
We didn't know either before we bought them...but I have them if anyone wants to buy them from me (after such a RINGING endorsement for them!!!! LOL) :D~juli

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viperstore has a little markup!

Roe Racing has GEN2 for $127 and GEN3 for $138.

I ran the MSDs for 30K miles and had no issues at all. Who said they were bad??

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viperstore has a little markup!
Roe Racing has GEN2 for $127 and GEN3 for $138.
I ran the MSDs for 30K miles and had no issues at all. Who said they were bad??

A couple Viper owners who had used the MSD wires...so we opted NOT to install them. We'd definitely buy AB's wires when needed for the '08. ~juli

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My local Advance Auto Parts was able to get MSD wires for $144 - $30+ cheaper than TheViperStore.com. I just hope they're any good!
Jeff

GOOD FOR YOU to replace old wires, They EAT HP. The proof is that you were probably at 40% power on one cylinder, and you did NOT notice! The big V-10 discguises a LOT of ignition ills...

We could have 2-dayed yoo some wires dammit! Do plugs too!!

Im not a fan of MSD, but was 'forced' to have em a while back. 1 set left in stock: $98/set. OK if you dont have s/c or turbo needs.. Better than OE fur sure.

Also have $260 MOPAR RACE WIRES GEN 2 BLUE ONLY $98/set

AB Makes Great Wires, as does MagnaCor

Last edited:

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact AB on this site for his wires. 180 shipped with boots I believe. All colors and good up to 1200 degrees. He got me mine in 3 days. I highly recommend. Warrenty also.

Last edited:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had MSD's on my 95 for 3 years now with no problems at all. Also have a set of AB's wires on my 01 with no problems at all. So get which ever ones you want, I know AB will stand behind his wires

Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187