***just Converted My Convert To A Coupe***

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks GREAT!!! If you price it right you will sell a ton of these!

Is the rear glass the Coupe glass?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These will be priced INCREDIBLEY, we just brought our composite manufacturing in house and we are looking to make these affordable and in a timely fashion.

The glass is right from a coupe, all MSRP $1300 of it, defrost and all.

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

This is one of my Photoshop conversions, I have published here Dec.13.2005 !! !!

8794Coupe_covertible_2.jpg

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

This is one of my Photoshop conversions, I have published here Dec.13.2005 !! !!

8794Coupe_covertible_2.jpg

GREAT PHOTOSHOP WORK SWISS, here is an a prototype pic from late 04, seems great minds think alike and we all have wanted a great looking coupe made from the SRT10 for some time now

Untitled-6.jpg

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the trunk still funtional(usable with the HT conversion?

Sylvan,

The trunk is still there and easily accessible, the trunk lifts up as a hatchback do you have nothing but clear access.

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now I like that carbon fiber top as well.

[/QUOTE]

ANDREW,

We will be offering this kit is CF as well, I have a great supplier of some beautiful 3K CF, at this point I believe this whole top and hatch kit wil weigh less than the stock trunk does is Fiber Glass, once we make one if CF who knows.....

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since you are redoing the whole rear trunk/glass etc., can you just incorporate a new rear spoiler lip?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you are redoing the whole rear trunk/glass etc., can you just incorporate a new rear spoiler lip?

Exactly what we are looking at doing, nice thing is, is that we will be able to offer it both ways with and without the spoiler as those that want to run a full blown wing will not want a lip spoiler ( always gotta think of the road race guys as well you know )

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ANDREW,

We will be offering this kit is CF as well, I have a great supplier of some beautiful 3K CF, at this point I believe this whole top and hatch kit wil weigh less than the stock trunk does is Fiber Glass, once we make one if CF who knows.....

[/QUOTE]

I just thought with a CF or even canvas top, you could but in on any color SRT/10. So if I bought a top for my 2005 SRT/10, it could work on a 2008 SRT/10 :cool:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ANDREW,

I just thought with a CF or even canvas top, you could but in on any color SRT/10. So if I bought a top for my 2005 SRT/10, it could work on a 2008 SRT/10 :cool:

[/QUOTE]

ANDREW,

These tops will work on 03 -08, dodge did not change the trunk/top yet on the 08

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely done!

Would it work with an autoform rollbar installed?

Kai,

Probably not as the roof and hatch bolt up to our roll bar, maybe if all dimensions are in compliance something could be retro fitted to fit the bolt points??? Time will tell.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly what we are looking at doing, nice thing is, is that we will be able to offer it both ways with and without the spoiler as those that want to run a full blown wing will not want a lip spoiler ( always gotta think of the road race guys as well you know )

What you really need to do is get in touch with Jeff Lemke and add part of his Street Serpent kit to make it a "coupester" :) Plus I would love to see the result of the spoiler you are working on yourself.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you explained it already or not but, how does the top latch on and do you have a shot of just the top?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you explained it already or not but, how does the top latch on and do you have a shot of just the top?

ANDREW,

This is a 2 pce kit, first youunbolt your trunk at the hinges and then you remove your trunk. Next you remove your roll bar hoops ( simple undo 2 bolts ), next you insert our roll bar and bolt it to the same points as your roll hoops installed into , next you position the top ( it fastens to the hook point in front where your convert top attaches and there are two 2 bolt fastening points on the roll bar you just inserted, next you lay the hatch down onto the back of the car and the hatch also attached to the two 2 bolt attach points on the roll bar, tighten 4 bolts, lift and slam the hatch closed where it will latch to the latch where your trunk attached to and bingo NEW COUPE, naturally you will have to transfer your lock and electric popper from the trunk etc, but then you are done.

Copperhead 057

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These will be priced INCREDIBLEY, we just brought our composite manufacturing in house and we are looking to make these affordable and in a timely fashion.

The glass is right from a coupe, all MSRP $1300 of it, defrost and all.

--------------------

Do you have some preliminary numbers as to what this whole conversion
might cost....just really curious...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 COPPERHEAD #057
2001 PLYMOUTH PROWLER
2004 HUMMER H2

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ANDREW,

This is a 2 pce kit, first youunbolt your trunk at the hinges and then you remove your trunk. Next you remove your roll bar hoops ( simple undo 2 bolts ), next you insert our roll bar and bolt it to the same points as your roll hoops installed into , next you position the top ( it fastens to the hook point in front where your convert top attaches and there are two 2 bolt fastening points on the roll bar you just inserted, next you lay the hatch down onto the back of the car and the hatch also attached to the two 2 bolt attach points on the roll bar, tighten 4 bolts, lift and slam the hatch closed where it will latch to the latch where your trunk attached to and bingo NEW COUPE, naturally you will have to transfer your lock and electric popper from the trunk etc, but then you are done.

OK, I'm still listening:)

It makes sense for the look, which I really like. I think I'd go ahead and paint it the SRT/10 color and just re-paint it if the 08 SRT/10 is a different color. Definitely keep me posted.
:2tu:

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really interested in this product! I still would like to know about the roll bar. It sounds like we would have to use your roll bar and I need one so how about some pics of the roll bar and pricing. I want the hard top as well if the price is right.

Also, when thinking of giving us hard top pricing, price it with and without the glass.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Terry just rebuilt a crashed SRT 10 convertible into a coupe in SoCal. He built it as a race car for the VRL and just won his class race in Buttonwillow this weekend. He did the coupe for aero advantages more than the styling. I didn't know there were two of you who need counseling!!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, just brought our composites division in house, and things are moving sooooo much faster now. I had originally prototyped this conversion a couple of years ago ( you may remember the post with a black SRT10 that Chris Marshal posted ). _pics.jpg[/image]

Awesome work !!!! I have wondered several times what happened to the stuff Chris posted

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I was waiting for. Please let us know when & how much. Simply amazing!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be announcing a group buy on these with pricing early to mid next week, I am tying up some loose ends with the auto glass component and the simple nuts and bolts, hinges front latch mechanism etc.

For those interested just in the roll bar we should have one ( pretty version ) for you to see in the next week or 2 but for now the functional piece we have, needs to stay in the car while we do the final prep and fitting for the molds.

A roll call of all those interested would help me to determine pricing an logistical issues, sort of like how Sean did it for the original ROE Supercharger group buy.