Pics of My Viper

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After browsing the site for a few months, I finally figured I'd sign up and start posting. I used to own a Ram SRT-10 and upgraded to an 05 red convertable this past September. So far I've installed a set of 373's in the rear and have a set of Belanger Tri-y headers, high flow cats and cat back sitting in my living room. I'm supposed to get the exhaust done this week but the weather has been so damned cold and crappy here in the north east, I'm putting the car away for the winter so the headers will wait.

Here's a picture of my baby, she's only got 2000 miles on her!!

Last edited:

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aw, come on now. Today was beautiful!! Get out there!! Plenty of summer left, I say.:drive:

Oh, and welcome.:D

~Craig

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!

I have to put mine away too soon which is a bummer.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Viper Nation! It is a sad time of the year. Mine got packed away as of this morning.:(

Be sure to register with the Viper Club of America as well if you have not done so! It will give you access to much more than just these web boards!! Give them a call at 1-800-998-1110.

Robert

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, a Viper owner in my hometown. Welcome! Where abouts in Waterbury do you live? Don't put the Viper away just yet...plenty of good weather ahead.

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lbstone, Welcome and Congrats! :2tu:
Your in the right spot for Vipers! Viper Club of America - New York/Connecticut Region

Chuck, we've actually spoke on the phone a few times about gears and headers. I'm supposed to drop off the car this week for a header install. I'm gonna have to cancel my appointment, I just put the car away cause it was so damned cold last week (and this weekend was nice :() and I'm also getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I just suffered through a bad infection and I gotta get them out ASAP. I'll call you monday.

Wow, a Viper owner in my hometown. Welcome! Where abouts in Waterbury do you live? Don't put the Viper away just yet...plenty of good weather ahead.
I live in the town plot section of Waterbury, a buddy of mine used to live in Cheshire.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA, best car club around. Cool, another CT Viper....YEAH!!!

Hey Tony, now you have a driving partner.:drive:

Nice pic of your Viper:headbang:....and yes, it IS cold.

Peter

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Derek!
Welcome to the VCA forum.

That's the first pic I've seen of your new ride.
I find it ironic that you got it in "Arrest Me Red". :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the town plot section of Waterbury, a buddy of mine used to live in Cheshire.

I grew up in town plot, my parents still live on Chipman Steet Ext...you know, that long hill starting from Highland where you try to get your car airborne! :D I just had my wisdom teeth removed last week. :omg: This is weird. I'll PM you my cell phone, someday we'll have to get together. You could be my long lost brother or something. :D Good luck with the wisdom teeth.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I grew up in town plot, my parents still live on Chipman Steet Ext...you know, that long hill starting from Highland where you try to get your car airborne! :D I just had my wisdom teeth removed last week. :omg: This is weird. I'll PM you my cell phone, someday we'll have to get together. You could be my long lost brother or something. :D Good luck with the wisdom teeth.

LOL...I was just thinking the same thing, Tony!!! SMALL world.
Welcome lbstone (nice username, significance of that? You are a weight-lifter?)...beautiful car, and of course in "Arrest Me Red"!!!! Hope you join our region (NY/CT)'s VCA...we look forward to seeing you at future events! (If you call 1-800-998-1110, you can join now and get Nov./Dec. included in next year's membership :2tu:). Sounds like great mods you are adding (3.73s!!! WOWSA!)...we haven't put ours away yet...we will drive til the salt flies! WELCOME :headbang: ~juli

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ppppsssssttttt....Juli......
Derek is America's Strongest Man.
No. I'm not kidding.

That being the case, we will have to make sure that we only say nice things about him on here or he will :buttkick: us when we see him in person!!:omg:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Really though, welcome, and gool luck with the teeth!

Robert

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Derek!
Welcome to the VCA forum.

That's the first pic I've seen of your new ride.
I find it ironic that you got it in "Arrest Me Red". :D
Keven, you're like everywhere!! I posted a pic up on VTCOA of the car, its in the offtopic section!! So are you gonna make it to the Arnold Classic in February/March or are you gonna blow me off again??

I know exactly where Chipman Street Extension is, I live behind Tinker School a littler farther south off HIghland. As far as getting together, the cars put away already unless we get a heatwave!! :( But I'll be joining the VCA very soon and spring will hopefully come very soon so I hope to hit a few GTG's!!
Ppppsssssttttt....Juli......
Derek is America's Strongest Man.
No. I'm not kidding.
BTW, where have you been, I'm the 2nd strngest man in the world now!! Get it straight!! WSM will air on ESPN on December 26th, you better Tivo it!!

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL...I was just thinking the same thing, Tony!!! SMALL world.
Welcome lbstone (nice username, significance of that? You are a weight-lifter?)...beautiful car, and of course in "Arrest Me Red"!!!! Hope you join our region (NY/CT)'s VCA...we look forward to seeing you at future events! (If you call 1-800-998-1110, you can join now and get Nov./Dec. included in next year's membership :2tu:). Sounds like great mods you are adding (3.73s!!! WOWSA!)...we haven't put ours away yet...we will drive til the salt flies! WELCOME :headbang: ~juli

lbstone is an abbreviation of my last name, and I'm a weight lifter, what a cruel world!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lbstone is an abbreviation of my last name, and I'm a weight lifter, what a cruel world!!

LOL...good name! So, now we need a PICTURE of you for the BEEFCAKE thread...I'm SURE you know about that thread???? (lol...it's a take off the CHICK thread...but it's a SERIOUS one...BEEFCAKE needed: PLEASE APPLY!) If you wish to be on it (many of the fellas have played along!), please PM me a pic I can upload to beefcake!!!! :eater: WELCOME!!!! (2nd strongest huh??? Congrats!) ~juli

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kev[a]n, you're like everywhere!! I posted a pic up on VTCOA of the car, its in the offtopic section!! So are you gonna make it to the Arnold Classic in February/March or are you gonna blow me off again??
I'm no longer a part of that forum. It's unfortunate for the other members as 75% of the DIY articles are from me, but the admin and certain vendors have made it quite clear that I'm not welcome there. C'est la vie.

They let me hang out here for pure comedic value: "Everybody look at the truck that wants to be a race car....*giggle*snicker*" :D

For the record: I did NOT blow you off at the Arnold Classic! :)
I just didn't get tickets early enough. I brought a whole group down, but the event was sold out. We were all really bummed.

BTW, where have you been, I'm the 2nd strongest man in the world now!! Get it straight!! WSM will air on ESPN on December 26th, you better Tivo it!!
Sorry...I'm a little slow on the up-take. LOL
Last time we spoke you were #1, and we all thought it'd be a long time before someone took your spot.
I have no doubt that you won't be in second for too much longer.

Here's a video for you folks on what Derek does in his free time:
http://www.youtube.com/v/WOEggOiPPjc
(cool nickname, eh? :) )
Yes- I said "free time". I'll let Derek post the pic of him at his 'day job'. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan...can't see the video? Pay NO attention to anyone who disses you and your awesome truck.
You are such an asset here, I know I personally am VERY glad you are a part of this forum. ~juli

OP
OP
L

lbstone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm no longer a part of that forum. It's unfortunate for the other members as 75% of the DIY articles are from me, but the admin and certain vendors have made it quite clear that I'm not welcome there. C'est la vie.

They let me hang out here for pure comedic value: "Everybody look at the truck that wants to be a race car....*giggle*snicker*" :D

For the record: I did NOT blow you off at the Arnold Classic! :)
I just didn't get tickets early enough. I brought a whole group down, but the event was sold out. We were all really bummed.

Sorry...I'm a little slow on the up-take. LOL
Last time we spoke you were #1, and we all thought it'd be a long time before someone took your spot.
I have no doubt that you won't be in second for too much longer.

Here's a video for you folks on what Derek does in his free time:
http://www.youtube.com/v/WOEggOiPPjc
(cool nickname, eh? :) )
Yes- I said "free time". I'll let Derek post the pic of him at his 'day job'. :D

Kevan, I know you didn't blow me off, I was just busting your stones. As far as being number two, you have it all wrond. I am number 1 in the US but now number 2 in the world. I was fist place by one point going into the last event of the last day of 2008 Worlds Strongest Man 2008 (8 day of competing over 13 days total). I was loading the last atlas stone (400 lbs) fast as I hit the lip of the plateform and dropped the stone! The drop cost me WSM. As I was saying before, you can watch the competition on ESPN on December 26th, there was 6 qualifying heats of 5 guys that will air in thirty minute segments then the final is an hour. They will air it all back to back on the 26th. Just for a teaser, here's the last event someone in the audience recorded [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDdIEUGGiLc[/media] I'm in orange. If I loaded the last stone on the first attempt, I was the clear winner! This was how I beat Marius in a qualifyer for WSM in January and I was sure it was mine again! The Pudz got lucky, he even saiud so!! But this was how he lost to phil Pfister in 2006.

LOL...good name! So, now we need a PICTURE of you for the BEEFCAKE thread...I'm SURE you know about that thread???? (lol...it's a take off the CHICK thread...but it's a SERIOUS one...BEEFCAKE needed: PLEASE APPLY!) If you wish to be on it (many of the fellas have played along!), please PM me a pic I can upload to beefcake!!!! :eater: WELCOME!!!! (2nd strongest huh??? Congrats!) ~juli
I'll post up a pic in a few days, but till then, here's a few vids!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMUMxleYyPE[/media] savin gas
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O5mHi40hE0&feature=related[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1UCVvwIIIk&feature=related[/media] the other viper
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEggOiPPjc[/media] old vid when I got the viper nickname

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn dude...So f'ing close. You had him on that last stone!

Good to see another CT Viper join the board.

Cya come spring time!

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Red is faster than the other colors. Congrats on second. You Da Man.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan, I know you didn't blow me off, I was just busting your stones. As far as being number two, you have it all wrond. I am number 1 in the US but now number 2 in the world. I was fist place by one point going into the last event of the last day of 2008 Worlds Strongest Man 2008 (8 day of competing over 13 days total). I was loading the last atlas stone (400 lbs) fast as I hit the lip of the plateform and dropped the stone! The drop cost me WSM. As I was saying before, you can watch the competition on ESPN on December 26th, there was 6 qualifying heats of 5 guys that will air in thirty minute segments then the final is an hour. They will air it all back to back on the 26th. Just for a teaser, here's the last event someone in the audience recorded [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDdIEUGGiLc[/media] I'm in orange. If I loaded the last stone on the first attempt, I was the clear winner! This was how I beat Marius in a qualifyer for WSM in January and I was sure it was mine again! The Pudz got lucky, he even saiud so!! But this was how he lost to phil Pfister in 2006.
Sorry for any confusion, Derek. I've always said AMERICA'S Strongest Man. I've been waiting (anxiously) for a text or post on a forum about you being WORLD'S Strongest Man. I knew you were in the top 5 for WSM, but didn't know if you'd garnered that title yet.

Hey- being #2 by 1 second/1 inch is nothing to sneeze at!!!!
I'll probably be on an airplane on 12.26, but I'll make sure to record it.
Some of (actually, most of) the events are simply amazing. I mean, who *carries* a Fiat across a parking lot? :)

Oddly enough, Derek and I have more than a Viper powerplant in common.
We both eat about the same amount of calories in a day. :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Now I know why there's been a dramatic drop in crime in Town Plot. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Derek: HOW ironic that is your last name, and you proceeded to become America's #1 STRONGEST man?!!! TERRIFIC~! If you don't mind, since you've posted the videos, I am transferring the VIPER one over to the 'beefcake thread' (as it's BEEFCAKE w/Vipers!)...hope you don't mind, of ALL people, you certainly BELONG on there! THANK YOU...and continued success wished for you!!! :headbang: ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960