Roe TT

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know if any of you know yet or not but Sean Roe is about to start making these TT kits for the SRT's... This is a pretty nasty car. Stock crank and stock main caps I believe. Made 822 hp at low boost. It has potential to make over 1000hp but the guy didnt want to upgrade the fuel system. Check it out!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdzR7qbSVbE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I knew about this a couple days ago and was wondering when it would be posted!

I was expecting a big announcement from Sean.

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL I knew about this a couple days ago and was wondering when it would be posted!

I was expecting a big announcement from Sean.

Well Sean and I were talking last night and he just has NO time to get on here. He is going to have a few more vids coming that I'll post up.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see the details of what is included in the kit. I would also like to see a dyno graph which includes A/F and boost. Is the car in the video stock except for the kit or have there been other mods? If other mods, which mods? Turbos tend to generate alot of heat. I did not note any additional heat shielding in the video scenes from underneath the car. Is there any? Has the car been tested at a drag strip or road course to see if heat caused any secondary issues? ( I am not asking about heat soak. I am referring to the effect, if any, of hot components on other nearby components.) If so, what kind of testing was done and where? After we get more data on this, then it will be possible to compare the kit with other Gen III TT applications in other threads mentioned over the past couple of years. With the foregoing said, this is an interesting development.

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to see the details of what is included in the kit. I would also like to see a dyno graph which includes A/F and boost. Is the car in the video stock except for the kit or have there been other mods? If other mods, which mods? Turbos tend to generate alot of heat. I did not note any additional heat shielding in the video scenes from underneath the car. Is there any? Has the car been tested at a drag strip or road course to see if heat caused any secondary issues? ( I am not asking about heat soak. I am referring to the effect, if any, of hot components on other nearby components.) If so, what kind of testing was done and where? After we get more data on this, then it will be possible to compare the kit with other Gen III TT applications in other threads mentioned over the past couple of years. With the foregoing said, this is an interesting development.

The dyno graph is coming in the next vid. The motor has been built, other than the crank and I think main caps. Sean built the motor himself. It was tuned by an SCT. The fuel system is stock other than injectors and I think he added a secondary fuel pump to get the pressure up. I know that he was not complete with all the body panels and stuff when they dyno'd the car so I cannot say anything about the heat sheilding. The only testing has been done on the dyno and mild street driving. All the work was done at Stage Six here in Jax. I will get and post a full list of everything and price when I talk to him. I see him later tonight so I'll talk to him then. I know that he was very happy with everything done and the price was much MUCH less than the other ones out there. The more info I get will be added. He would do it himself but is so slammed this time of year. The guy is working his butt off.

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the dyno graph... You can see the car is still missing some body parts. Oh and the dyno is at HP performace here in Jacksonville.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D94Rcw85hOo[/media]

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the dyno graph... You can see the car is still missing some body parts. Oh and the dyno is at HP performace here in Jacksonville.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D94Rcw85hOo[/media]

Hi Thanks for the additional data. The dyno graph is not completely visible. Can you please just post the graph itself so we can clearly see all of it?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow very exciting,

thanks for posting

did you hear that :dunno:

that was the sound of gen 3 viper prices going up

great going sean

:eater:

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will post the graph and soe more vids as he gets them to me. I talked to him last night a little bit and the car should be ready for some road testing soon. More vids to come!

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AWESOME ! :2tu:

Can't wait to learn details about availability and pricing.

Was actually looking forward to the Gen.3 Roe SC but this would a very nice alternative :D

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I talked to Sean a little more tonight and he told me that a price list and what is all included is coming. There are going to be three stages that are avail and this car was a stage two car. He is going to get on here as soon as he can to better explain. I did this for him because of how busy he is....

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here we go this is just in from Sean...

Attached are the dyno pulls from the very first tuning session.

This is not tuned for maximum power, just a good simple, straight forward road car.

I put another 50 miles on it today. 180 miles in two days on a new build.

There is additional heat shielding beyond those initial photos during the build.

The car is no hotter inside than a stock one run hard with stock cats.

The IAT sensor is in the intake tube and has not exceeded 106 degrees under full power on the road yet during an 80+ degrees day. The intercooler, turbos and all components were professional sized and I worked with the best people available.

The motor is built to handle 950 HP, but not much more. The owners requirement was 800 at the tires, no less and no budget for more. It has upgraded rods ($899), pistons ($1175) and aftermarket cam with more lift and heads with one piece valves, stiffer springs and port / chamber work ($2,399). This is a stage 2 build. A stage 3 would have Billet mains and a bigger fuel system to support the turbo rating of 1300 HP.

A stage 1 would be this kit at 6 psi on a stock engine with two $120 pumps like this one has. Stage 1 will have no electronic boost control, just wastegate, which is set at 5 psi on this car. This one as a stage 2 has two more settings electronically at 7 and 9 psi.

We will look to take in another customer car or two, then put all the parts into a production kit.

First_turbo_tuning_pulls.jpg

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the price range for something like this? I imagine the reason tt setups for vipers are so expensive is due to the fact that the demand is low.... the cost to produce and engineer must be wayyy more expensive than most engines especially due to the fact that so few people actually have srt 10s - as compared to M3s or Vettes....

What about necessary forged stuff and the tune? What will be necessary but not included?

sorry for the slew of questions, my goal for my srt is to someday have a twin turbo setup, and depending on the price range of this kit I may be able to see it done much sooner than I anticipated! :D

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go this is just in from Sean...

A stage 1 would be this kit at 6 psi on a stock engine with two $120 pumps like this one has. Stage 1 will have no electronic boost control, just wastegate, which is set at 5 psi on this car.

Whoah..... thats what I'd want. No need to get into the engine while it's still fine. Only open it up after it's blown up.:D

What kinda power would a stage 1 with stock heads make?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this is very interesting. Good to see a TT kit from a reliable vendor. If only you lived in Hawaii Sean, than I would stay broke :D

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldnt help yourself could you with Christmas around the corner. I couldnt think of anything I wanted then this thread comes along :lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
- Stage 1 kit: twin turbo system just like what's on the yellow
car, but without electronic boost control (Garret / Precision 62mm with
billet impeller, TiAL wastegates and blow off valves, Precision turbo
intercooler, SCT, 69 lb/hr injectors, fuel system upgrade, etc). Boost would
be set at 6 psi (for example) on a stock engine. That should yield about
620 RWHP. Cost $12,900 including installation for now.

- Stage 2: Same as 1, but with electronic boost control. 3 boost
setting, supports up to 1,000 crank HP (fuel system limited to around 850 at
the tires). Cost $13,600 including installation for now. Motor build not
included (forged pistons, upgraded rods, stock crank ok, and oil pump
upgrade is recommended).

- Stage 3: Same as 2, but with a complete fuel system upgrade to
support 1,300 crank HP (the rating of these turbos). Cost $14,900 with
installation for now. You would need billet main bearing caps at this HP
level.

Once we've done a couple more, we'll have fixtures made and put the time
consuming parts into production. The turbo's and other parts are readily
available.

This should answer many more questions....

:usa:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there you have it, waiting around for a Roe supercharger has paid off to the tune of a Roe TT.:headbang:

Now only if it were available in time for Christmas.:smirk:

Maybe I won't bother loading my Roe tune from the SCT yet..... just wait for the turbos.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper