Roe vs. Paxton/Vortech superchargers. Which is better?

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW, bolting a S/C on a Gen III is like putting a ******* in a Ritz Carlton; delightfully tacky yet unrefined. ;)
yeah right :rolleyes: you cant knock a 2 week install that gains 90percent more power for under 12 grand and drives completely stock and pulls like ***** ape. i ENJOY and drive it EVERYDAY.Do you drive yours everyday or do you prefer to keep it as a TUNERS SHOP CAR & money pit???? :eek:

Max :headbang:

I took out my monster last night fo a little blast at 2:00AM and omg words cannot describe the car. It drives/runs better ( not speed but factory like) than any gen 2 roe car that I have seen or been in for the same power level.

vd..

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you really bring up cars staying at tuners' shops for lengthy periods of time? :rolleyes:

Now it is true my car is still in Baltimore but that is because the car made MUCH more power than anticipated and we decided we better build the bottom end. Pretty cool, actually.

As for time, Heffner just built a customer's TT in two weeks and you know you can't begin to compare drivability and performance of the TT to a bolt-on S/C kit. The TT does cost more but that is because it is a much more refined package, like the Gen III itself. That is why I think it is crazy to bolt antiquated technology on such a refined vehicle.

As for the Gen II's, there is definitely a place for a rauchous power adder (S/C) as nasty as the cars themselves.

That is why I think it is crazy to bolt antiquated on such a refined vehicle lol thats funnyyyyyyyy

I have more technology in my gen3 car than your tt. Ie modded vec2 and a split sec, cust relays and a mopar nav system. and soon propane inection for max boost/ timing

vd..

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey D I called up Vos to make an appointmet and all they did was Rave about your car and it dident click that it was you until now lol

Nice setup congrats.

BTW Vos told me themselves his car is a beast.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you really bring up cars staying at tuners' shops for lengthy periods of time? :rolleyes:

Now it is true my car is still in Baltimore but that is because the car made MUCH more power than anticipated and we decided we better build the bottom end. Pretty cool, actually.
no you are....i'm talking about YOUR car. but that's up to you. You must have got bored and wanted to introduce some tt action. my point is YOU are talking about comparisons, what comparisons???? how many srt's have you driven with superchargers????????????
my guess is none :rolleyes: when I DRIVE a better car i'll let everybody know. atleast i have something to compare to ;)
my srt made 782 rear wheel hp with the DlM Paxton kit. i think that would be 90 percent more but i could be wrong?i would have had doug install the system but i didn't want to ship my car for what is left of our season. i did it myself for 12k. and this car drives as smoooth as stock and predictable power is extremely street worthy.

asta le bye bye, Max

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, bolting a S/C on a Gen III is like putting a ******* in a Ritz Carlton; delightfully tacky yet unrefined. ;) LOL... WE LIKE BIG ****,ROCK N ROLL,HILLBILLY MUSIC,THE TACKIER THE BETTER! :D

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes: HEY WARD U LEFT OUT THE BEST 6 SPEED VIPER DRIVER ON THE PLANET "BIG GUN" SCOTT WIECK.HE WAS THE FIRST TO DRIVE MARK HIEDECKERS NO2 VIPER A FEW YEARS BACK INTO THE NINES(THE OLD TIMERS REMEMBER} AND HE IS THE FIRST TO DRIVE AN ALL MOTOR ONLY VIPER INTO THE NINES. :eek: OH AND HEY WARD IM VERY PROUD OF U AND LARRY!LOL......BRINGING THE PAIN ONCE AGAIN THIS TIME AT BRADENTON,FL YOUR PAL NORM .....SEE U SOONER THEN U THINK :D

Norm ....you are right

I left out the Gunner....by mistake.....SORRY

Norm's hired gun....."BIG GUN" SCOTT WIECK is a " very experienced drivers" or some what "pros".

Cudaman :usa:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[

:cool: :D hmmm, that might be good money for me. Roll on with you, and you can't run Nitrous? $1,000? :eek: :eek:

I will give you a few days to reconsider........maybe you will want me to take the headers and k&n filters off too :rolleyes:

:2tu: Tony, Thanks SO much for the DAAYYSS to reconsider that roll on race. I'm assuming the take on removing the air filters and headers was a joke :rolleyes: that's ok, you can keep them on. Last I looked, they weren't power adders... :lol :p :headbang: :D

I'm still thinking by the way. I really appreciate the days to reconsider. YOu see, without the nitrous or other power adders (bored, stroked, nitrous, cam) (dat's allota mods!) I think the Roe blowers have already blown their load ;) :2tu: :2tu: :D

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, i wish he drove my ROE FE at Florida :( oh well my fault i didnt ask

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey D I called up Vos to make an appointmet and all they did was Rave about your car and it dident click that it was you until now lol

Nice setup congrats.

BTW Vos told me themselves his car is a beast.

PM me b/f you go down, I will meet you up there. Who did you talk to at vos and what are you getting done?

vd..

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok I drop you a pm and would be great if we can meet up there.

I am going saturday november 6th after I have my new exhaust installed at Chucks november 1st.

Not sure who I talked to but im going to give Bill a call later on today.

All im having done is my vec 2 tuned/dyno of course.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok I drop you a pm and would be great if we can meet up there.

I am going saturday november 6th after I have my new exhaust installed at Chucks november 1st.

Not sure who I talked to but im going to give Bill a call later on today.

All im having done is my vec 2 tuned/dyno of course.

yea he is good with the vec 2 he knows it like the back of his hand

remind him to make you a valet card.

vd..

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbn what did you do to the Roe to get so much power?

just a NOS Universal dry kit ($550) :laugh: car made like 720+ RWHP and something like 750+ RWTQ (no NOS) ROE Heads,full B&B exhaust, Jesel 1.7 rocker arms and 70 mm throttle bodies, forged pistons, and a 8 psi pulley if i remember correctly. the car with near empty bottle and low pressure managed 800+ RWHP in many runs, going to try a bigger shot soon also :cool: . Mbn

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbn what did you do to the Roe to get so much power?

just a NOS Universal dry kit ($550) :laugh: car made like 720+ RWHP and something like 750+ RWTQ (no NOS) ROE Heads,full B&B exhaust, Jesel 1.7 rocker arms and 70 mm throttle bodies, forged pistons, and a 8 psi pulley if i remember correctly. the car with near empty bottle and low pressure managed 800+ RWHP in many runs, going to try a bigger shot soon also :cool: . Mbn

Is your intake port matched to your Roe heads?

topsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't there any dyno sheet, where two equal cars have been tested with Roe/Paxton one? Maybe with several runs after heating up? This would explain much more than 8 pages of 'my SC is the best'... ;)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there any dyno sheet, where two equal cars have been tested with Roe/Paxton one? Maybe with several runs after heating up? This would explain much more than 8 pages of 'my SC is the best'... ;)

You're kidding.....right ? :D
That would be waaaay to easy ;) You really pulled this one back from the dead.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte