Seatbelts/Harness

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered a new exhaust and cam for my 05. I bought the computer a year ago and I am just getting the rest so I can put it in. I was thinking about doing away with the factory seatbelts and getting a couple of harnesses. What are the favorites out there?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Jonny B.. he has a good set of "generics" from a well known maker, that are VERY reasonably priced. I ordered a set earlier this month, and I should be getting them in the next couple of days. Can't wait !!

Keep in mind, you really cant/shouldnt get rid of your seatbelts, but you can have available the 6 points for both SHOW and GO...

Jon

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Tech 6-point belts were designed for the SRT. There are already mounting points for the 6-points in your car (under the carpet.)

I've got them and they are comfortable. They are easy to take in and out, so I drive with my regular oem seatbelts on the street, and it takes me about 5 minutes to buckle in the 6-points when I go to the track.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 6 point TeamTech Harnesses for sale if anyone is interested. Brand spanking new, purchased last year, but did not install since my car is more of a poser mobile now. They are Red w/Silver and Black.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying a 5 or six point upgrade is not legal if the factory are removed?

That is correct. Federal law mandates a retractable 3-point belt. Whether you'd get a ticket for it depends on the cop.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Seat belts/Harness

Are you saying a 5 or six point upgrade is not legal if the factory are removed?

That is correct. Federal law mandates a retractable 3-point belt. Whether you'd get a ticket for it depends on the cop.

Believe me I have been there. One time the cop thought it was cool and the other time I got the warning and had to remove the 6 point and reinstall the stock units and go to DMV for an inspection. A way around this is to leave the factory ones in the car all the time. Besides it also depends on if your state requires the use of the seat belts. If they don't, just connect the factory belt, slide in the seat, and use the 6 points. The law in Connecticut says you have to use the seat belt. It says nothing about the shoulder harness which was separate in my jaguar. The cops used to let me slide when I only wore the seat belt as that was the letter of the law.

OP
OP

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Live and learn, I guess I will definately leave in the stock belts and just add a harness for the track. I am not a big racer, but when do hit the track, I think I need the harness. So, 5 or 6 point? Team Tech or are there others out there?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Live and learn, I guess I will definately leave in the stock belts and just add a harness for the track. I am not a big racer, but when do hit the track, I think I need the harness. So, 5 or 6 point? Team Tech or are there others out there?

Go generics and you might just be getting Team techs ;-) They pretty much are the harness of choice. BTW, srt-10s should go with 6 points and anyone else who is doing an AFTERMARKET install. The ACRS already have 5 points provisioning, so for convenience if replacing the ACR ones, I'd just stick with 5 points, or heck really still do 6 points.

Jon

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

WISE to add harnesses for the track, for you and instructor / passengers.

Your SRT10 is pre-fitted with bosses to accept 6 points: rotary from $195.
DONT BUY 5s.

We urge you to buy TeamTech for several reasons (that include value)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote: "Go generics and you might just be getting Team techs ;-) They pretty much are the harness of choice"

Believe me, There is nothing "generic" about Simpson and Impact Racing harnesses. I would bet my life on them and have.

I have never used Team Tech but I have toi agree that they are the way to go as they are ready maade to fit the viper.

Robbie

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

there are a lot of others out there.

SIMPSON SAFE RACER GFORCE
RICHARDSON
RJS
SPARCO
IMPACT
I hope this helps you.

TRUE, but NONE of these are Viper Specific (Team Tech ARE) What about Schroth, Willans, etc? Ditto. None of these are VCA sponsors / vendors, either. Team Tech was INVITED to Viper HQ in MI, and designed harnesses AT THEIR FACILITY for use in SRT10 and Viper Comp Coupe. We know, we helped arrange the invite. Go with TeamTech !

When OE Viper harnesses were RECALLED in M.Y. 1998-2000, and Dodge had ZERO harnesses for replacement, ONE COMPANY was allowed to arrange TeamTech warranty replacements for 13 mos til stock arrived: PartsRack!

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 6 point TeamTech Harnesses for sale if anyone is interested. Brand spanking new, purchased last year, but did not install since my car is more of a poser mobile now. They are Red w/Silver and Black.

How much for the two, are they cam lock?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the 6-point Team Tech harness for the driver side in my STR-10 convertible. Let's just say I had the unfortunate experience of "field testing" the effectivness of these harnesses on the track. I truly believe that the harness (along with my helmet) allowed me to walk away from a fairly significant impact without so much as a scratch or bruise. I highly recommend them.

Also, for that particular driving school I had my three-point seat belt on underneath the 6-point harnesses and they did not interferene with one another at all.

/Rich

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there are a lot of others out there.

SIMPSON SAFE RACER GFORCE
RICHARDSON
RJS
SPARCO
IMPACT
I hope this helps you.

TRUE, but NONE of these are Viper Specific (Team Tech ARE) What about Schroth, Willans, etc? Ditto. None of these are VCA sponsors / vendors, either. Team Tech was INVITED to Viper HQ in MI, and designed harnesses AT THEIR FACILITY for use in SRT10 and Viper Comp Coupe. We know, we helped arrange the invite. Go with TeamTech !

When OE Viper harnesses were RECALLED in M.Y. 1998-2000, and Dodge had ZERO harnesses for replacement, ONE COMPANY was allowed to arrange Team Tech warranty replacements for 13 mos til stock arrived: PartsRack!

I totally agree with you Jon that we all need to support the VCA sponsors. :2tu:
That is why I said" I have never used Team Tech but I have to agree that they are the way to go as they are ready made to fit the viper."

PS: Jon, PM sent to you

Robbie

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do you have to do to install the TeamTech 6 point harness in a 2006 Viper coupe? Is it a home mechanic type job? Is there a DIY anywhere?

Thanks for any responses,

Flash

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do you have to do to install the TeamTech 6 point harness in a 2006 Viper coupe? Is it a home mechanic type job? Is there a DIY anywhere?

Thanks for any responses,

Flash

Anyone can do it. No mechanical skills needed. Pretty much, all you do is locate the tapped bolt holes in the floor, (the hardest part) cut a tiny hole in the carpet with a carpet knife to access the holes, and then attach the belts by screwing in some bolts into the holes. Then you screw some eyebolts into the back panel that's covered by a pop-out plastic cover. That's it.

It's really really simple. I would suggest removing the seats, however, as it makes the job a bit easier. It takes less than 5 minutes to remove the seats, and you will save more than 5 minutes because of easier access.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The hardware ON THE HARNESS is included.
The anchors for the CAR are not, but our kit is $5/anchor when Dodge is $27!
We have an OPTIONAL CD-Rom Install video for SRT10 Only, avail with harness order, at my cost. This CD was made at Viper HQ in MI.

WE DO VIPER HARNESSES and make it easy. Thank You.

OP
OP

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I called Jon last night and have my Team Tech's on order. I am going with them because as everyone stated they have them viper specific. Thanks Jon you know your poop! Very good experience, I'll keep everyone posted after they come in.

OP
OP

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know. I think because I cropped mine before I sent it in it is jacked up. Probably need to ask them for dimentions and send in a new photo.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here are the sparco's... 4 point and pretty easy install

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sweet! Look good, why 4 point and not 6?
I'd like to see more pictures of your interior, I can already obviously see the speakers and center console, looks great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302