Should the next Vert be a convertible hardtop?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say do it and personally i think its already in the works.. When the cars gonna be 700 hp who cares if its 3380 or 3480 pounds? Its gonna run 10s at 135 plus mph. Aint gonna matter. Will run 7 teens at the ring all day hardtop or softop convertable.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most recent model already was available in a convertible or coupe version, and an ACR and a ********, and an ACR-X. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to offer two convertibles, one a rag top and the other a retractable hardtop. I would be in the line for the retractable hardtop.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep... Dont they already offer differant colers for the ragtop as well?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that this decision probably has been made already by SRT for the close to production 2013 Viper but here's my humble opinion. I have heard or read somwhere that it is an engineering nightmare to get all those parts to work together well enough for a production vehicle. I would rather SRT spend the R & D money on pure performance or styling elements.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you keep the top simple it works. Chrysler has nothing but problems with micro switches and all the moving parts on the Sebring. It would be a disaster to put it in a viper

Sameyeyam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I gotta be honest; after having a vert for a bit, I wish it were a coupe. Top gets a little weird at warp speed. After winning the ACR-X, I'll see if it's just my imagination..lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21