Skip shift eliminator works!

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been said that skip shift eliminators work on 08s, but still unknown if works on 09/10. So I bit, and bought a t6060 one online to give it a shot. 60 miles later it works great! I have a 09 acr

Just FYI

Thanks!

Red

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent...good to hear. I still need to get one for mine!
Now your next purchase should be to upgrade to member status or even better yet Venom status. Come on now...you have an ACR!

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's been said that skip shift eliminators work on 08s, but still unknown if works on 09/10. So I bit, and bought a t6060 one online to give it a shot. 60 miles later it works great! I have a 09 acr

Just FYI

Thanks!

Red

It will work on '09 and '10's - for a while but eventually you will get a check engine light (but it will of course continue to eliminate the skip shift). It takes six failed skip shifts to set the code so if you drive through the skip anyway it could take a quite a while! It will be the same final outcome that simply disconnecting the sloenoid would provide so save your money!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's working on my '08 right now.
In fact it's been working since May of '08. I put it on about ten days after I bought the car.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will work on '09 and '10's - for a while but eventually you will get a check engine light (but it will of course continue to eliminate the skip shift). It takes six failed skip shifts to set the code so if you drive through the skip anyway it could take a quite a while! It will be the same final outcome that simply disconnecting the sloenoid would provide so save your money!

I believe that when I see it. That's exactly what people are saying about the '08 too. I think it all boils down to the fact that all CAGS eliminators are not created equal:

Some CAGS eliminators are in the ~20 ohm range (typical eBay product), others are in the ~200 ohm range, and supposedly there are those in the 2kohm (2000ohm) range. While the 20 ohm version mimics the solenoid resistance well, it has the side effect that it may possibly run warm and/or burn out. Maybe that's what's going on?

I used a 250 ohm version without issues in my '06 and that's what I currently have in the '08. :2tu::usa:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never bothered to put one on my 08 as my 06 threw a code with one installed. It was a manufacturer specific code for a trans fault. Never had the problem with my 03. Bought the one I used on both cars from JonB. I guess the skip shift just doesn't bother me enough to try it again.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the 250 ohm version that I've had no problems with:

attachment.php

These are the versions that possibly have issues. The two I purchased (but never used) were both 20 ohm:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• badcags.jpg
    badcags.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 538
  • badcags2.jpg
    badcags2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 533
  • goodcags.jpg
    goodcags.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 536

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY600HP is the authority on this and it is as he says. 2008 Gen IV's do not have a diagnostic for the skip shift. 2009 & 2010 Gen IV Viper's do test for the skip shift using engine RPM & vehicle speed data. There is no way to defeat the 2009/2010 skip shift without changing/reprogramming the PCM.

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 800 miles on my 09--- no issues yet,but i guess i wait n see....

OP
OP
R

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY600HP is the authority on this and it is as he says. 2008 Gen IV's do not have a diagnostic for the skip shift. 2009 & 2010 Gen IV Viper's do test for the skip shift using engine RPM & vehicle speed data. There is no way to defeat the 2009/2010 skip shift without changing/reprogamming the PCM.

I have an 09 ACR and still no MIL. The one im using is for a t6060 used in challanger / vett / etc.

now 60 miles, so far so good..

OP
OP
R

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
update... 720 miles, it just came on :( Checked the code, and it was skip shift.

I reset the CEL, I hate the stupid skip shift lol . Guess Ill have to go another 700+ miles until it comes on again :p..Until I get the mopar PCM at least.

Car Manufacture Date - 11/2009

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

What he Said...... your thrill is fleeting. If you disconnect it, protect the open socket.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...so, do most of you '09 and '10 drivers disconnect the solenoid and protect the sockets?

Or do you just habitually wind out 1st gear a bit to stay out of the SShift parameters?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you've got a Gen IV, why wouldn't you get an SCT tune written that turns off the skip-shift as well. You get the benifits of the tune, a code reader/clearer, and no more skip-shift.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you've got a Gen IV, why wouldn't you get an SCT tune written that turns off the skip-shift as well. You get the benifits of the tune, a code reader/clearer, and no more skip-shift.

Yah, I think we're all talking about solutions for the '09 and up Gen IVs at this point...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just some guys chime in about using it on ealrier models without any problems and was wondering why you would buy it for anything but a Gen IV.

Reloader15

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a brand new 250 ohm skip shift eliminator, bought it for my '06 before it arrived, had one on it already, anybody want it?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is CAGS?
I had my skip shift turned off with my SCT tune and drive in traffic whenever I go to Atlanta, but I've never had it start kicking in again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang