SRT Live Chat - June 13th at 6:00 PM EDT - be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand the engineers getting them but marketing and PR? The best marketing would be to get some loaners out to some of us in different geographic locations and let us show them off at car events and VCA meetings. Since I am in Miami, let me be the first to volunteer.
:hahaup: I suspect those auto magazines are getting tired of that Z06 testing by now...

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Can we expect a more "raw" feeling when driving this car? The SRT was almost too civilized and I think that attracted folks that got in over their heads as witnessed by the number of accidents that we've seen (i.e. they should have gotten the M-B or Caddy XLR). If the car is a little more of a handful on the test drive -and maybe not so accommodating - perhaps we can **** out the non-enthusiast buyer. My GTS felt MUCH more on the edge than my SRT - and the SRT was much easier to put into service as a daily driver.

If the answer is no, that it's still a peach to drive, will you ask Herb about Homelink again?

The new car will be the best of all worlds....trust me.....oh by the way...you already have homelink on your Viper....open the door, get out, walk to your garage and lift up the door.....

;)
have a nice day....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could help clear up many other questions. Can you tell us the SRT teams objective for the Viper and your target customer’s? You don’t have to be on the forum long to understand Viper owners are all over the place on which direction they feel Dodge should be steering with the Viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hahaup: I suspect those auto magazines are getting tired of that Z06 testing by now...

Historically, no one at the auto magazines seems to be capable of driving a Viper correctly. They seem to have nanny tech dependency.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone help achieve a "replica" or replacement Monroni product or service for older Vipers? This was addressed last forum. Still hopeful. Also need '03-'05 STATS plz.

R U Worried that ex SRT-NASCAR boss took any 'secrets' with him to Ganassi Racing?

THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE....My 08 Blu/White SRT-C is ordered, my 14th Viper.

JonB ( ps. if this helps: We have 4 of the 5 Gen 2 performance items, as well as the '08 Spare Tire kit, IN STOCK)

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
7. How were you able to eliminate the crossover pipes in the 2008 and keep the noise level within federal drive by guidelines? Bigger mufflers? Will the new exhaust system from the cats back fit the 2003 through 2006 cars?

Intake is quieter, non runflat tires are quieter. We tuned this as a complete system and optimized weight reduction and backpressure reduction without exceeding the federal requirements. I think you'll like the way it sounds.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there another bottom feed injector in the Dodge parts bin with greater flow rates than the Gen II injector?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about the exhaust of the 2008.
1. will the restriction and sound be similar to the 2006 model?
2. will i get as big of a horsepower gain by going to a corsa exhaust as i did in my 06?
3. is there a performance mopar cat back system available yet?
4.will the corsa system that i put on my 06 also fit the 08?
5. is corsa or borla manufacturing the exhaust for mopar aftermarket or ome?

1. it's less restrictive and a bit louder.

2. i don't know what kind of power increase you got when you put on your corsa

3. working on it

4. should fit as the p-points are the same

5. we typically use aftermarket manufacturers but we're not sure which one we'll end up with.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Someone told me there may be some sort of '08 "track car" edition, is this true?
Let's start by saying that you should go back and do your homework. Remember, from our earliest publications, "every Viper is a track car". That said, we often decide to offer special cars through time but as you know can't talk about that now. Now let me ask you, what would you consider necessary to make a "track car".

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have there been any changes to the wiring harness? Headlights? Quite a few people have experienced delayed lighting or other issues with the headlights on the SRT 10's.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front Facia on my 2005 Yellow Fever VCA SRT-10 cracked between the bottom two bolts in the left wheel well. Looks like a stress crack, as I have hit absolutely nothing in 6500 miles. What could cause this, and have you heard of any others?:omg:

THANKS for letting us CHAT!

PBR
Only my third Viper, but over 10 DCX vehicles in the past 10 years

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone help achieve a "replica" or replacement Monroni product or service for older Vipers? This was addressed last forum. Still hopeful. Also need '03-'05 STATS plz.
The VCA has reached an agreement with DCX to reproduce/replace the original Monroney stickers. Watch for an announcement from the VCA VERY soon!

And Jon, I am on my FIFTEENTH Viper

oil change.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intake is quieter, non runflat tires are quieter. We tuned this as a complete system and optimized weight reduction and backpressure reduction without exceeding the federal requirements. I think you'll like the way it sounds.

Do you still hear all 10 cylinders per side?

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Many of us will probably switch to the new tires. When will this kit be available and how much will it cost?

We recommend staying witht the PS1 runflats on the '03-'06 car. The tuning is designed around those tires. The suspension on the '08 Viper has been reworked around the PS2 non-runflat. Also, the '08 Viper spec PS2 is NOT the same as the current aftermarket PS2 available from Michelin. The Viper version of the PS2 is way more kickass. BTW, Michelin plans on making the Viper spec PS1 runflat through 2012 for you guys.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's start by saying that you should go back and do your homework. Remember, from our earliest publications, "every Viper is a track car". That said, we often decide to offer special cars through time but as you know can't talk about that now. Now let me ask you, what would you consider necessary to make a "track car".

I know about road racing running viperdays as well as many other club events. Someone I know who I instructed advised me there may be a "track" version like the ACR or GT-2. Aside from the CC is there going to be a factory car more track ready then the stock factory version.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
The front Facia on my 2005 Yellow Fever VCA SRT-10 cracked between the bottom two bolts in the left wheel well. Looks like a stress crack, as I have hit absolutely nothing in 6500 miles. What could cause this, and have you heard of any others?:omg:

THANKS for letting us CHAT!

PBR
Only my third Viper, but over 10 DCX vehicles in the past 10 years

We have not heard of anything like the issue you described with your car, there is nothing in our warranty system that popped up.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on what I have read about the 2008 specs it already is track ready and merely requires a skilled driver. Perhaps a tire option could be offered since tires intended for the track are different.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
This could help clear up many other questions. Can you tell us the SRT teams objective for the Viper and your target customer’s? You don’t have to be on the forum long to understand Viper owners are all over the place on which direction they feel Dodge should be steering with the Viper.

When we started working on the '08 we had a listing of functional objectives that we followed. Some of them were a result of conversations with owners. We knew everyone loves more power and we delivered on that one. We tried to make the car more aggressive looking with the hood change and that seems to be well accepted. Our target customer is a person who loves special high perfromance cars that are no frills back to basic ass kickers.......

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

We are working with the Monroni group at Chrysler and with the VCA to see if we can make it work. The system will only go back so far however. What do you think Y2KGTS?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"We have not heard of anything like the issue you described with your car, there is nothing in our warranty system that popped up."
(SRT engineers)

That's because the warrantee folks denied my claim. Is there someone I can talk to about this?

Thanks!

PBR

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We recommend staying witht the PS1 runflats on the '03-'06 car. The tuning is designed around those tires. The suspension on the '08 Viper has been reworked around the PS2 non-runflat. Also, the '08 Viper spec PS2 is NOT the same as the current aftermarket PS2 available from Michelin. The Viper version of the PS2 is way more kickass. BTW, Michelin plans on making the Viper spec PS1 runflat through 2012 for you guys.

Assume that the 2003 through 2006 Viper has Eibachs, Motons and is corner balanced. Any problem using the new tires?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are working with the Monroni group at Chrysler and with the VCA to see if we can make it work. The system will only go back so far however. What do you think Y2KGTS?
Threw in my humble comments on that subject a couple posts up. That JonB guy keeps me on my toes... :D

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any changes to the seats so us 6'6" folks could now sit in the new coupe?

THANKS AGAIN!

PBR

Question #10 from Andrew/USPWR: I’ve owned a 2000 GTS and currently own a 2005 SRT/10. I’m 6’2’’ and in both cars I’ve had too put in an aftermarket seat lowering kit, to improve my visibility out of the windshield. Any talk of this issue at DCX?

good question for us little 6'2'' guy too.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.