Twin Turbo VS Supercharger. Which is better ?

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've Got a 96 GTS and want to eventualy give it some more power. What set up is better . I use the car primarily on the street but would like to take it to the track every now and then. I do like hwy drives as well.

Any thoughts?

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D
I've Got a 96 GTS and want to eventualy give it some more power. What set up is better . I use the car primarily on the street but would like to take it to the track every now and then. I do like hwy drives as well.

Any thoughts?

I have had both and I prefer TWIN TURBOs..........my 2 cents....

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm running a SC and doing motor build and my HP is limited by the blower...if I were to do it all again I would go TT
There are a lot of threads on this subject it you want to do a search.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was in a hurry....lol

this help ?

SEARCH FEATURE
Almost every question you can think of has already been asked and answered! In some cases, the information may be out of date and a new thread will be needed, but in many cases, an answer to your question may be under 10 seconds away!

The VCA Web Forums has a search feature very similar to web search engines like Google. By typing in a few words, it will search all old posts since the website was created to find words matching what you typed in. Be mindful though, the more words you type the fewer results you will get as it will try to find posts only with all of the words you types. In saying that as well, by using words like “The” and “It” you will get hundreds if not thousands of threads. I might suggest sticking to main words. Also try to avoid year specific searches. It will block out a lot of good info. For example:

“What is the best exhaust system for my 2006”

It might be better as:

“best exhaust”

To do a search, click on Search located in the center of the Directional Information Toolbar. If you are wanting a quick overall search, just type in the words in the search box. For this example, we will go with an Advanced Search as you can further clarify your search parameters.

Once you have clicked on Search, click Advanced Search located under the Quick Search field.

Type in the key words you want to search for. Once you have typed in your key words, click on the drop down arrow on the Search All Open Forums tab located on the lower right side of the Search page if you would like to clarify your search. Choose a specific forums you would like the question searched under. In some cases this is not needed but if you are wanting the best exhaust for your 2008, you will not want the threads from the 1992 cars. This feature helps to cut down on the amount of non-applicable information that will be presented to you. Do remember though, by selecting the one section you are narrowing down the number of places the search will look. If there was a thread in the Racing section, and you only selected the SRT section, you will not see that information. This menu can be useful if used correctly.

Once complete, click Search and see your answers! Feel free to play, there is no limit to the amount of searches you can do!

ANOTHER OPTION IS TO USE THIS SEARCH.
Google Custom Search - PLUMCRAZY VCA SEARCH

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:1up::bonker::spank:

Whew! Thanks. You had me worried there for a sec.

Hey Plum, not to hi-jack this thread, but, any recommendations on tires? i.e. what's best and best place to buy? :D

To OP. No offense, just having fun. It all depends on what you're wanting and how much you want to spend.......
-chip

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of the trickle down effect from this statement and I think you can make your own decision....

A supercharger needs/uses 100 HP or so just to operate or build any boost...

A turbocharger does not.....

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was in a hurry....lol

this help ?

SEARCH FEATURE
Almost every question you can think of has already been asked and answered! In some cases, the information may be out of date and a new thread will be needed, but in many cases, an answer to your question may be under 10 seconds away!

The VCA Web Forums has a search feature very similar to web search engines like Google. By typing in a few words, it will search all old posts since the website was created to find words matching what you typed in. Be mindful though, the more words you type the fewer results you will get as it will try to find posts only with all of the words you types. In saying that as well, by using words like “The” and “It” you will get hundreds if not thousands of threads. I might suggest sticking to main words. Also try to avoid year specific searches. It will block out a lot of good info. For example:

“What is the best exhaust system for my 2006”

It might be better as:

“best exhaust”

To do a search, click on Search located in the center of the Directional Information Toolbar. If you are wanting a quick overall search, just type in the words in the search box. For this example, we will go with an Advanced Search as you can further clarify your search parameters.

Once you have clicked on Search, click Advanced Search located under the Quick Search field.

Type in the key words you want to search for. Once you have typed in your key words, click on the drop down arrow on the Search All Open Forums tab located on the lower right side of the Search page if you would like to clarify your search. Choose a specific forums you would like the question searched under. In some cases this is not needed but if you are wanting the best exhaust for your 2008, you will not want the threads from the 1992 cars. This feature helps to cut down on the amount of non-applicable information that will be presented to you. Do remember though, by selecting the one section you are narrowing down the number of places the search will look. If there was a thread in the Racing section, and you only selected the SRT section, you will not see that information. This menu can be useful if used correctly.

Once complete, click Search and see your answers! Feel free to play, there is no limit to the amount of searches you can do!

ANOTHER OPTION IS TO USE THIS SEARCH.
Google Custom Search - PLUMCRAZY VCA SEARCH

sorry I am new to the VCA and did not realize you can search threads. Spending more time on the site and posting will eventualy give me alot of unanswered questions as did your reply here,

Thanks

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry I am new to the VCA and did not realize you can search threads. Spending more time on the site and posting will eventualy give me alot of unanswered questions as did your reply here,

Thanks

Way to go PLUM...... Pickin' on the new guys.....

You meanie......:nono:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D

I have had both and I prefer TWIN TURBOs..........my 2 cents....

Me too, but you have to look at what you plan on doing with it. If just street driving and having fun around town, S/C might be the way to go.

If you are doing a lot of racing, TT.

There is only so much HP the street willl hold. I would say usable power is about 700RWHP and most TTs run 800+ on wastegate springs.

Just my $.02

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too, but you have to look at what you plan on doing with it. If just street driving and having fun around town, S/C might be the way to go.

If you are doing a lot of racing, TT.

There is only so much HP the street willl hold. I would say usable power is about 700RWHP and most TTs run 800+ on wastegate springs.

Just my $.02

I AGREE 100%........as I also have gone waayyyy overboard for the street now........it is like walking on ice.......better be real careful with each step you take...or you will fall...and in this case it won't be pretty...... :omg: :drive: :drive: :D

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I 2nd that. I feel 650 RWHP is all you have traction for on the street. To put it in perspective, at 100-120 Mph with sticky street tires, I can, in 4th, no clutch, just stand on the throttle and turn the rear tires into smoke. The cooler it is outside, the easier it is to do. (with a Roe SC at 670 RWHP)

Most TT cars can repeat that scenario in 5th at 140mph+. 600 RWHP is a great number, streetable, usable and very easily in SC territory. Wanna go over 700-750 RWHP, it's TT time, life insurance time, will time, pick you grave plot........... :D

My 630 RWHP FGT is a ball to drive, just nail it in 2nd, 3rd, what ever - it sticks and goes, no drama. The SC RT/10....the exact opposite, call it a drama queen. But the drama queen will run away from the FGT....