643whp/606wtq: Greg Good Heads/Cam with A&C Tune

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you. Glad your car turned out good. Keep it for a long time & feel the all motor power. Congrats on your 191mph mile run.

Just spoke to Greg Good today. His expertise and support to his customers and undivided attention to making hp & reliability are unmatched in the industry. Thanks Greg for being with us.

Todd, we both know ive been through allot with my A&C built motor & tune and it aint proper for you to dodge my questions and regardless if i may be a bit of a headache i have good points. I appreciate your work on my motor but i am striving for exceptional standards and still trying to address a couple things.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, another guy that works on his car! Awesome job, and those are fantastic numbers for ported Gen III heads. Very very nice!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow nice build and amazing power. 134mph at the quarter mile is impressive especially at 611 rwhp. I am hoping to get to 600 with GenIV heads, genIV intake and slight more docile cam. Only a few weeks from finding out....

Congrats.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Andy, you might not like that 3:73 gearing once your running 600+ rwhp.

But I want a ride anyway:)

I would keep the 3.73's if I decided to start going for an NA 1/4 mile gen 3 record. If I decided to start hitting the road coarse or start running any 1/2 mile events I would switch back to the stock set or 3.55's.

I'd run a different tire and rear wheel combo to get it to hook anyway:)

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with shooter. The 3.07 seems to be the perfect street gear for this setup. Second gear can actually hook with warm tires and well modulated throttle input. As for half-mile events, you may need to recheck your match Andy. I run out of 4th gear right at or before the half mile mark.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with shooter. The 3.07 seems to be the perfect street gear for this setup. Second gear can actually hook with warm tires and well modulated throttle input. As for half-mile events, you may need to recheck your match Andy. I run out of 4th gear right at or before the half mile mark.

Just depends on what you want to do, I'd leave the 3.73's in and throw a real tire like a MT et street on an 18 and get it to hook in the quarter.

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the math, and you are on the ragged edge. A 3.73's with a 28" MT et street puts you at 136mph at 6100rpm. Good luck Andy, and let me know when you have a private rental for these runs. I may want to join you :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is that 136 at the top of 4th or 5th? 3.55's might be the better way to go :D

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Outstanding. One of my favorites threads ever... Video is awesome.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with pinging or timing retard with that 10.5 compression? What gas are you running? Thanks for posting your info.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Great job! I had a little giggle at the video, where a couple of times someone was standing inside the engine bay!

I did Striker heads, Striker cam, Jesel rr's, Edelbrock headers, and built it to pass California emissions. Still got the stock throttle bodies, intake, PCM.

Ended up with 580 rwhp, 590 rwtq. Running 91 octane cali gasoline, and stock cats.

What kind of gas you guys got in Texas? 91? 93?
Do you still have the stock cats?

I never had to climb into the engine bay! lol! 8^)
My cam degreeing took a little longer than yours! :)
I think I spent about $12,000, but I kinda lost track...

Last edited:
OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job! I had a little giggle at the video, where a couple of times someone was standing inside the engine bay!

I did Striker heads, Striker cam, Jesel rr's, Edelbrock headers, and built it to pass California emissions. Still got the stock throttle bodies, intake, PCM.

Ended up with 580 rwhp, 590 rwtq. Running 91 octane cali gasoline, and stock cats.

What kind of gas you guys got in Texas? 91? 93?
Do you still have the stock cats?

I never had to climb into the engine bay! lol! 8^)
My cam degreeing took a little longer than yours! :)
I think I spent about $12,000, but I kinda lost track...

Thanks for the compliments Vic. Your setup sounds nice and stout. I looked into going the Striker route, but they were not in production late last year.

On my setup, we jumped on the engine only because it was tough to access some of those rear head bolts, particularly when torquing them down. I simply couldn't induce 120ft-lbs from floor. I am currently not running any cats. However, my OBDII Monitors are all ready and thus I meet the requirements for passing emissions testing (only required in major Texas metro areas). There is a "visual" required, but they are not allowed to remove body panels ;).

I am running 93 octane which is found all around Texas.

By the way, I recall reading a thread years ago whereby a car with after-market heads and stock cats whats was running cleaner than and OEM engine with high-flow cats. Was that your study?

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with pinging or timing retard with that 10.5 compression? What gas are you running? Thanks for posting your info.

I run 93 oct which is readily available in Texas. My early year production SRT does not have a knock monitor. The timing we are applying is exactly what is on the timing table (as a function of rpm, intake air temperature, throttle %, etc.). Furthermore, we are running the setup slightly on the conservative side in term of air fuel ratio. On my Texas Mile runs (see my thread), you can see my video (in HD) and witness the A/F in the high 12's;1 range throughout the very lengthy wide open throttle session. I have pulled a few plugs, and they look very clean with no tell tale signs of pinging/detonation.

My tuner (Todd at A&C) is well aware of my no knock-monitor setup and has done a fantastic job of remotely tuning.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love this Build and thanx to All those who shared this info !!! KUDOS ALL AROUND !!! :2tu:
Just Wondering what it would cost to replicate this ? Thinking of the same for my MAMBA :)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments Vic. Your setup sounds nice and stout. I looked into going the Striker route, but they were not in production late last year.

On my setup, we jumped on the engine only because it was tough to access some of those rear head bolts, particularly when torquing them down. I simply couldn't induce 120ft-lbs from floor. I am currently not running any cats. However, my OBDII Monitors are all ready and thus I meet the requirements for passing emissions testing (only required in major Texas metro areas). There is a "visual" required, but they are not allowed to remove body panels ;).

I am running 93 octane which is found all around Texas.

By the way, I recall reading a thread years ago whereby a car with after-market heads and stock cats whats was running cleaner than and OEM engine with high-flow cats. Was that your study?

The thread about Emissions was on my car, I believe Vic's car is set up like mine with the exception of different headers.

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Todd, I appreciate the call. Thanks.

Hey 345, great build you got there. Working with a good team including that garage of yours makes great things happen. Thats All Motor potential of these cars. 191 is awesome mile on all motor.

I happen to have a A&C fully built All Motor with Greg Good heads & cam with some work from DC Performance.

Ive tried very hard to make my motor & tune and components a high performer in every way respectful of my budget. Its been mechanically good for 8K mile now. Cars been a success but i have had a couple electrical anomalies that haunt me and still in work. I shall not give up and i appreciate every bit those supporting me.

I hope this post encourages others to go the next step on aggressive builds.

We all know, it aint cheap and tough for customer to pull the trigger so if i may speak we want the builders we trust deliver the best and give it there all.
If you guys are listening it really does matter every bit to us. Just keep up the good work.

Many of us here put our asses on the line, go big builds, with high risk & little reward, to have potentially a great product like a high HP Viper all dialed in and always reliable.

Talking from experience it aint easy. Bottom line, we need good builders and the builders need us... a symbiotic relationship that must work completely. I like to think Truth & Technology over Bull**** & Bureaucracy shall always prevail.

Yeah keep us posted on how cars goes from here on. In the meantime, i have an electrical, possibly pcm or ignition problem affecting my throttles response going on. My car makes damn good power all motor, proved on several dynos, however some intermitent hesitation response to throttle. Seems related to an ignition startup hiccup and hesitation. Could be as simple as a ground wire or allot more. Ive check allot including all sensors, fuel system, most of ignition system under hood and changed allot but still not finding it.

A Built All Motor Viper is an awesome combination for both the street & the track and when all dialed in really kicks ass... only the best turbo, supercharged, high rev, high quality cars even dare to can come close.

345, Once again great job to you and that entire team. You got the job done good. Congrats! Now feel the HP.

I keep looking for Viper High HP videos & dynos from builders & owners so keep posting them all!

Last edited:

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding job. I'm guessing about 9 - 10K to complete.
Where can I get one of those cold air set ups you have there.
BTW. How many miles on your beast at the time of build.
Thanks

OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding job. I'm guessing about 9 - 10K to complete.
Where can I get one of those cold air set ups you have there.
BTW. How many miles on your beast at the time of build.
Thanks

Your price is off by a couple of thousand. Earlier in my thread I mentioned that this setup what done for about the same price as a new Paxton, and that includes some cosmetic upgrades and a no-shortcuts approach. All builds will differ, depending on your parts selection.

I wont post links to non-sponsors sites, but a quick search can get you info on those filters.

Mileage on my car was 21K miles at time of build.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
345s-bspinnin,

That was CamFabs' car, with the emissions study.

People like Camfab, you, and me, we can do the work ourselves, and save major money, over having a shop do all the work. It probably would have cost me double to have the work done for me. That's hard to justify to the wife, who views autos like she views a blender, just a tool for A>B transportation. "Why do you need it to be faster?"

I sympathize with those who aren't into wrenching on cars, and pay others to do it. (If I were smarter, I'd be in importing and commodities, instead of contracting) I'd like to send a message to those in this position- First, find a reputable shop. Yes, these types of shops probably cost a bit more, but not neccessarily. Do your due dilligence, check around. Secondly, if you find a talented, honest guy or shop, don't whine at them about cutting costs. This guy has to eat, he has to pay his bills. If there isn't enough money in this type of work to make a decent living, why should he be doing it. Many are struggling as it is. If you can't do the work yourself, find an honest person who can, but then don't give them a lot of heartache, and try and squeeze every cent out of them. "The workman is worth his wages".

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 345, what did these heads bench flow at various lift?

Maybe Greg can elaborate on these heads too.

Miracles dont just happen, but do happen at the right shop.

Reaction score
Hey 345, what did these heads bench flow at various lift?

Maybe Greg can elaborate on these heads too.

Miracles dont just happen, but do happen at the right shop.

They're just like the ones I did for your car, except the combustion chambers are smaller because of the factory flat top piston.

They were 330+ cfm on the intake, and 250 on the exhaust. I try not to push flow numbers much because there are other important things about a fast head that cannot be measured on a flow bench. We do see it on the chassis dyno and at the track. That's what matters the most to me. One item is wet flow, or how well the intake port distributes fuel into the chamber. I look at an intake port as a fuel injector, well, because that's what it is. Also, we flow at 28" of water on a flow test. The intake port sees much higher pressure differential and velocity on the running engine. The port velocity is about double going down the track than on the flow bench. Same thing on the exhaust port. It operates at a much higher delta than 28". We have to rely on dyno tests and track times to make better heads.

Just for informational purposes, and not trying to start a debate, 345's heads were CNC ported already when he brought them to me, so I had a bigger hurdle to jump. Just goes to show that there's more to it than looks.

Last edited:

copperhead007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good you fixed em up Greg. Obviously a challenge completed with success!

Anyway to get me to spin up another 400-500rpm? Combined with your solid roller

Maybe a score to setlle with Mopar Drag Pack 800. Well we did take him in torque.

Last edited:
OP
OP

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, thanks for the clarification on the head flow specs. I abstained from posting the flow numbers on my initial post for this very reason. I wasn't hiding anything, but I do understand that it takes more than high flow numbers to make power. I wouldn't want to send a message by stating that "X" flow equates to "Y" power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper