Underbody Neon Lighting

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems there's some confusion here as to what constitutes "ricing" versus "pimping." As the resident Gen Y'er, here's a quick guide:

Neon underbody lighting: rice
hydraulics/air suspension: ****
LED valve stem caps: rice
carpeted dash: ****
fuzzy dice: ****
lighted license plate frame: rice
spinners: ****
white hood vents: this deserves its own category. Texan, perhaps?
No confusion...one usually goes hand in hand with the other...seen em both mixed and matched.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daves baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!:lmao:

Personaly, I would say yellow lights. That way the yellow car has some speed related parts on it!:D:D:D:D:D:D

:eater:

Robert

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Got everything out of the box last night and am really disappointed with the cheap plastic mounting brackets. I thought Auto Zone carried better parts than that. Anyway, once I get done fabricating I'll post up some pics. It says the transformer is shielded so I can stop worrying about that.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, I want to see your car levitate off the ground in white neon! I hope you have it on the car by this weekend so I can see it!

LOL! :D

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know where you can buy the things that squirt lighter fluid and spark ignite it behind the rear wheels when you take off. I have seen that on 50's cars and Back To The Future, but never a Viper. That beats neon 100%.

I am thinking JC Whitney????

I wonder if they would mind that at the drag strip?

That would be spectacular if you left the ground on fire durring a run at the track. Everyone would go nuts!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rice. You should send you car to "**** my ride". Since you are in Texas, I would suggest underbody neon lighting on a steer:D.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where you can buy the things that squirt lighter fluid and spark ignite it behind the rear wheels when you take off. I have seen that on 50's cars and Back To The Future, but never a Viper. That beats neon 100%.

I am thinking JC Whitney????

I wonder if they would mind that at the drag strip?

JUST lighter fluid? I will do you not one but TWO better :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSzOd__feIw&feature=related[/media]

Put two of these sparkers completely horizontal in the front fascia so that it looks like your Viper is literally spitting out Venom in addition to the lighter fluid sparks and you definately have a showstopper!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
April Fools....I thought so...Leslie would have to start another poll on keeping you:rolleyes:.

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You just brought back some horrible memories...

I have to admit I did this once.. but in my defense I took it off after 2 days and it was put a 3000gt. However, it was 1995 and I was 19.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking a black light inside your car, complemented by white steering wheel trim and a white baseball cap. This would help to balance the interior with the exterior heat extractors and the Dodge stickers. Pretty good idea huh........you can thank me later. If you've properly transformed Leslie by now, you should get a second baseball cap for her. Somehow I doubt that though.................

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just brought back some horrible memories...

I have to admit I did this once.. but in my defense I took it off after 2 days and it was put a 3000gt. However, it was 1995 and I was 19.

I have to admit, I did this once as well.. On a Mustang 5.0 GT (the hot car at the time), around that same time period 93-94'ish.. I did not "drive around" with them on though. Looked kind of cool when the car was parked. Again, AT THE TIME... :lmao:

Good times with that bad boy..

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had neon on a car. My first car a 68 Cadi hearse came with purple neon haze lights inside and underbody. but that was cool because it was a hearse not a race car. and just for fun a friend of mine, who also had a hearse, had flame throwing kit on his. Look it up im sure theres video somewhere out there. Rock Griffon, worlds fastest hearse.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how so?? would the viper alley folks be posting pics of their cars tricked out with neon and lambo doors?

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how so?? would the viper alley folks be posting pics of their cars tricked out with neon and lambo doors?

Well, "entertaining" may have been a bad word choice. It is a little rougher crowd and even though it is fun to joke about this stuff, I would have loved to see some of the responses over there.

Regardless, I just hope I never see neon on any viper and I am glad Dave wasn't serious. I admire his engineering and fabricating skills.:2tu:

D

DAMN YANKEE

Dave, let 'em laugh, I actually used the secondary loop in the VEC to trigger a set of diodes just behind the NACA duct when the Vec Transitions goes to Closed Loop. Anybody watching the rig from the front sees a demonish red glow emminate from the hood vent. At night it is a blast, just sit at a red light and rev it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, let 'em laugh, I actually used the secondary loop in the VEC to trigger a set of diodes just behind the NACA duct when the Vec Transitions to Closed Loop. Anybody watching the rig from the front sees a demonish red glow emminate from the hood vent. At night it is a blast.

What...no write up on this ?!? :eater:

D

DAMN YANKEE

I did write it up, I got a brief note back saying "DY, are you f*7k#ng nuts? This is the VCA Viper forum, not the Vin Diesel fan club page. After the last piece you wrote on the velcro "Mini Tator Removable Steering Wheel" you have just got to get your act together or buy a Vette"

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave