Who has put headers on their car?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I see the venders are selling them, and I have heard from Woodhouse that several sets have been installed. Who's got a dyno test to share? :2tu: Other data or results?

Reaction score
We have sold a few sets to people willing to be beta cars. I do know of one car that has over a thousand trouble free miles so far. We have a test car here that we will be doing before and after dyno testing with, but we have had some delays and are gathering some needed information before we start. If you would like to try them first I have 6 sets available if you would like to try them without our data.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw a 2013 for sale with the headers claiming 60 HP gain. Sounds too good to be true, right?

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds plausible depending on the design. That would put it at 700 HP and roughly the same as a G4 with ported heads & intake & headers. Why not?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My honest opinion is that the gen4 dynos 535 rwhp while a V dynos 550.

Maybe another 15 rwhp at the wheels and a 100 pounds lighter with more agressive gearing is all the V has over the gen4.

That's why s gen4 will run 11.6 at 126 mph all day with an average driver while the V with the same driver would do 11.4 at 128 all day.

In short....a set of headers...non tuned...I'm guessing 575 rwhp dyno.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie Martin....ViperTech, Owner, Member and awesome guy in Phoenix just installed a set last week. I was at the SRT event on Friday with him and a bunch of us drive new Vipers around. Car is unreal.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

It's time!! We're now taking orders for our Newly Designed G5-G4 "Bad Boyzz Garage GTS-R Viper Race Headers" in both Shorty (Actual Long Tube Merge Design) & Super Long versions! True modular design which allows you to retrofit a BBG Shorty to BBG's Super Long collectors by utilizing our quick change fitment based upon your engine's current and future power output and the various track venues that require more top end power (Watkins Glen to Daytona).. Yes this means that our Shorty and Super Long collectors are true-interchangeable components that can also be stepped up in diameter to make more power! For example go from 1-7/8" primary to 2-1/4"'stepped secondaries..

We at BBG have done our due diligence in every way from the design, engineering and testing process to ensure a well developed header program, just like we produced with Chrysler for the SRT Viper Cup race series.. Biggest difference this time around is BBG's uncompromising attention to quality and pursuit of maximum performance, which is why Ilmor Racing Engineering was contracted to Dyno test our headers.. We spared no expense and cut no corners to guarantee Viper owners a premium header!

We're now offering special pricing for the first sets produced to the Viper Nation, so please contact me directly to discuss your application and get your set on order: Toddy @ (916) 505-9026

"We appreciate your continual support & Thanks for considering running a BBG product"

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
1337 North Market Blvd. Ste 100
Sacramento, Ca. 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

BBG GTS-R Race Headers - Long Tube 5 into 1 Race Merge Design
:Modular Engineering
:Light Weight Race Design
:304 Stainless Steel Construction
:CNC Machined Flanges
:CNC Mandrel Bending
:Real Race Merge Collectors - Weld On Style
:Quick Change Collector Design
:V Clamp Design
:Tig Welded Construction
:Fast Installation

(BBG GTS-R Shorty Race Header - Actual is Long Tube Merger Header)

(BBG GTS-R Super Long Race Headers)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how much more pwr at the wheels? Look awesome! Quality work for sure.

On the Super Flow Engine Dyno at Ilmor Racing Engineering with a bolt on set of our BBG GTS-R Shorty spec headers, no re-calibration done to the PCM (install and run) we made a 13 percent gain in horsepower and torque which is significant power gains for sure.. I'm confident that when installed and run on our new chassis Dyno and customers Vipers the headers will translate into a solid rwhp and rwtrq gains. Our in house Dyno Center is almost completed, so when done we'll be running on our new DynoJet 2000 HP 224XL

Here's the baseline runs to establish our power gains, great numbers for sure but what was just as impressive was the power gains throughout the entire rpm range with no other mods but our GTS-R "Shorty" headers..

Baseline: Factory exhaust manifolds and cats - delete mufflers
615.4 HP @ 6200 rpm (max HP)
553.9 TRQ @ 5000 rpm (max TRQ)

Baseline: BBG GTS-R Modular Race Headers "Shorty" - delete cat and mufflers
:Bolt on headers only
701 HP @ 6300 rpm (max HP)
627 TRQ @ 5200 rpm (max TRQ)

Thnx for the good question and comments!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Last edited:

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would it do with Cats. Running on the street without cats is Crazy would be too loud and smelly plus will turn on light. Are you offering it with cats and how much ?

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would it do with Cats. Running on the street without cats is Crazy would be too loud and smelly plus will turn on light. Are you offering it with cats and how much ?

I agree that running castless on the new G5 platform on the streets could & may be a bit harsh, but we originally designed our headers for track cars.. Our solution until the G5 Venom Controller is released would be to modify one pair of the factory cats to 3" inlet / outlets. Reason is the factory cats are the best and will give the best insurance against cel's over aftermarket metal turbo cats.. We will add a high flow cat option for the G4 owners that will carry over to the G5 as well.

I'm working on special pricing for the first customers to choose to run our new headers, so if interested please feel free to give me a call @ (916) 505-9026 Toddy..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone please give us some numbers on a G5!!!

I'm sure Mark J will post his Dyno run with Belanger's hopefully sooner than later with his beta cars and others to follow. We're into our production phase and as soon as we pop-out our first sets Dyno run numbers will follow!!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Super Flow Engine Dyno at Ilmor Racing Engineering with a bolt on set of our BBG GTS-R Shorty spec headers, no re-calibration done to the PCM (install and run) we made a 13 percent gain in horsepower and torque which is significant power gains for sure.. I'm confident that when installed and run on our new chassis Dyno and customers Vipers the headers will translate into a solid rwhp and rwtrq gains. Our in house Dyno Center is almost completed, so when done we'll be running on our new DynoJet 2000HP drum..

Baseline: Factory manifolds and cats - delete mufflers
615.4 HP @ 6200 rpm (max HP)
553.9 TRQ @ 5000 rpm (max TRQ)

Baseline: BBG GTS-R Modular Race Headers "Shorty" - delete cat and mufflers
:Bolt on headers only
701 HP @ 6300 rpm (max HP)
627 TRQ @ 5200 rpm (max TRQ)

Thnx for the good question and comments!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Wow that's really interesting, so the factory engine is not producing power anywhere near advertised ratings. What's even more amazing is that your headers are able to extract 86 HP. What throws me even more is the insane increase in torque. In this day and age I'm stupefied by these results, how is this possible. Not doubting the quality of your design and manufacture, it's obvious. The results seem so far out of the norm, really puts a bad light on SRT. Beautiful headers, job well done.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa:
Wow that's really interesting, so the factory engine is not producing power anywhere near advertised ratings. What's even more amazing is that your headers are able to extract 86 HP. What throws me even more is the insane increase in torque. In this day and age I'm stupefied by these results, how is this possible. Not doubting the quality of your design and manufacture, it's obvious. The results seem so far out of the norm, really puts a bad light on SRT. Beautiful headers, job well done.

We contracted with the best in the Industry for Dyno cell testing of our GTS-R headers to ensure industry standards and valid publishable results. No compromise!

I've been developing our Bad Boyzz Garage GTS-R Modular Racing Header Program for over a year now. These headers are purpose built for maximum performance period.. To be perfectly frank, target venue is high HP race Vipers that demand no compromise power output. Also World Challenge and SCCA sanctioned events, even with the limitations of restrictor plate engines I believe with our headers installed these teams can expand their power bands and make / maintain max power output at lower rpm's which equates to harder pulls out the corners and down the back straights without the limitations of other header designs. Our long tube 5 into 1 race merge headers make massive torque and keep on making power all the way to redline by design!

We're currently in talks with a World Challenge team to upgrade the exhaust to a BBG GTS-R Super Long race header. Restrictor plate engine, but goal is to make max power at ll times..!

I'm pretty excited about 2014' here at BBG because we've expanded our operation with a new DynoJet chassis cell, GTS-R race header program, G5 comp clutch kits, BBG Ohlins race shocks and our new Viper development engine program. All good stuff from us for the Viper Nation..

Thnx for the interest,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot believe that there is not a single dyno test done on a G5 with headers...really??

That is bizarre, it makes you wonder if the gains are what we hope them to be. Bad Boyz results look promising, especially for shorties.

Last edited:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a side note, if you look at the G5 oem headers it is almost like there are no individual tubes. The exhaust runners/tubes off of the heads only run a couple of inches and than enter a common chamber. The point is, they appear to be almost an afterthought.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will be doing a back to back G5 header test in 2 weeks. We did install a set of ARH headers and high flow cats on a 2013, car runs great, we will be testing that car as well.

I will also be testing a G5 with our new ported heads and Corsa exhaust, no headers. I will post up the results.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a side note, if you look at the G5 oem headers it is almost like there are no individual tubes. The exhaust runners/tubes off of the heads only run a couple of inches and than enter a common chamber. The point is, they appear to be almost an afterthought.

Definitely agree with that. They could have come out with good headers right from the factory. I would like to believe there
was a logical reason they didn't.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: