Who wears driving shoes?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair and what a difference. Much easier to drive, and better feel. Anyone else?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Not any more.
I ordered a set of high heels for the upcoming driving season...:drive::D
I've heard that driving is much easier when you can point to the pedals :rolaugh:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair and do not worry about hitting the wrong pedal. I went with Piloti's.

Bruce

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of Piloti's that I use for long cruises or track days. Can't say I really notice that much of a difference, but I don't consider what I have to be a pure driving shoe either. I think the people who will notice are the ones who have wide feet. I usually have the opposite problem that it is hard to find shoes in narrower sizes that aren't to small.
I do have huge problems when I driving in my snow boots, I often find myself hitting the gas and brake at stoplights.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who wears driving shoes? , Not her:crazy2::
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...42893-recent-viper-crash-miami-route-1-a.html

Ive got a few diff Pumas&Adidas that are
-narrow helping to keep one shoe on one pedal,
-have a thin sole giving more pedal feal,
-a rolled heal makeing for smooth inputs and a comfortable heal on long trips.

I usualy keep one pair in the trunk so i can switch if i take the viper to work or something:2tu:

bought one of them a size too small to wear with no socks for when i go to the beach or just dont feal like wearing socks:)

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Steve 911,

You might want to call your sister, Mark Jorgensen, as I think he has 6-10 pairs of driving shoes. Hard to keep up with him , though, as he also has 5 steering wheels, ha,ha.

I have one pair, and two sets of racing shoes, so I am not quite as active as you two Marcos sisters, ha.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Not any more.
I ordered a set of high heels for the upcoming driving season...:drive::D
I've heard that driving is much easier when you can point to the pedals :rolaugh:

pics please:lmao:

I have 3 pr, keep one in the car (for when I am in heels) and I wear the other 2 at the track.

Both at the same time haha.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got a few diff Pumas&Adidas that are
-narrow helping to keep one shoe on one pedal,
-have a thin sole giving more pedal feal,
-a rolled heal makeing for smooth inputs and a comfortable heal on long trips.

Same here. I don't like the piloti's.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have big feet which means even bigger shoes. Finding any kind of shoe that fits well and isn't the size of a clown shoe is a challenge. Chuck Taylors work the best for me. Way more narrow than my Piloti's and I can feel the pedals better. Wish they were fire resistant. ;)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have big feet which means even bigger shoes. Finding any kind of shoe that fits well and isn't the size of a clown shoe is a challenge. Chuck Taylors work the best for me. Way more narrow than my Piloti's and I can feel the pedals better. Wish they were fire resistant. ;)

Hey Viperless... Those old style Chuck Taylors like I wore in the 70's when I played basketball??? I wear size 9EEE. Do you think I could find Taylors that would work and be a good driving shoe? My current shoes are New balance and they are hugely wide... I can fit into 9E in dress shoes... Does anyone make a driving shoe that is comfortable but would be a bit narrower than what I currently have. Thanks to anyone with information.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Viperless... Those old style Chuck Taylors like I wore in the 70's when I played basketball??? I wear size 9EEE. Do you think I could find Taylors that would work and be a good driving shoe? My current shoes are New balance and they are hugely wide... I can fit into 9E in dress shoes... Does anyone make a driving shoe that is comfortable but would be a bit narrower than what I currently have. Thanks to anyone with information.

Them be the ones! :D

Not sure how wide they make them. I buy the standard width ones.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two pairs of Piloti for track daya and general wearing (most comfortable shoes I own)
One pair of Sparco high tops (vintage style black leather) for real race days (not in Viper)

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was hitting the gas medal with my regular shoes (wide feet) when I was on the brake.

Kala told me about Piloti shoes,,,bought a pair, and really can tell the difference. Thanks Kala :2tu:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few pair. I only wear shoes at the track that are SFI rated.

I don't own a pair of Piloti. Most pair are Simpson and I love them.

I have wide feet and heel and toe without issues.

Greg

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i received a free pair of piloti's with the purchase of my 2006 coupe and have never used them; I bought a pair of fire resistant shoes back in 1987 and still use them sometimes on track days. I heal and toe the 06 and I find a cheap pair of sneakers works better than the driving shoes. I had a 1997 GTS but due to pedal placement I couldn't heal and toe it and lord knows I tried.

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like many of you have excessive girth. I, find that length is much easier to to make fit......into most driving shoes.

Simpson for me, and love the feedback much more that tennis shoes

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pair of Piloti's that I use for long cruises or track days. Can't say I really notice that much of a difference, but I don't consider what I have to be a pure driving shoe either. I think the people who will notice are the ones who have wide feet. I usually have the opposite problem that it is hard to find shoes in narrower sizes that aren't to small.
I do have huge problems when I driving in my snow boots, I often find myself hitting the gas and brake at stoplights.

Viper= Snow Boots?! :omg::rolaugh:

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my Simpson racing shoes. But I never wear them when I drive the Viper I can feel the pedals fine. I just wonder why you guys have problems with it?? I've been racing since I was 6 so I don't know if that helps me feel them better or what?

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pumas are great but a bit too narrow for my toes. I liked to wear skateboard shoes... until accelerating hard and the left side ankle support got stuck under the brake pedal, I had to wiggle my foot free to stop accelerating. Not fun!!

Barefoot is also another way to go when wearing flip flops or just going plain ****.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm even going to start wearing mine to the dentist.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FowMMIOlQlI[/media]