Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rock on boys...way to send out the Gen IV in the appropriate fashion. Dayum, I still can't get over that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

FrgMstr

Oh now this is FUNNY, a post from today:

Lords of the Ring....ZR1/Z06 Nurburgring interview

In the November issue of Vette magazine, there's an exclusive interview with Tadge Juechter, Jim Mero, and David Caldwell where they talk about the recent Nurburgring runs by the ZR1 and Z06, and the how's and why's of the testing they do there.

An interesting read, and has answers to several of the ongoing questions regarding driver selection, preperation and scheduling, and what's involved in running the Nurburgring.

VetteWeb.com apparently doesn't have this current issue on line yet (it's listed under Lifestyle in the paper version).

Worth reading if you have interest in these "record" runs.

Wonder what else will be said in the November issue? LOL!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The really amazing thing is how a great car like the ZR1 took a mere two and a half seconds off the old Viper time, and this monster hammers 10 seconds off. What an amazing car and driving job.

Can't wait to hear who the driver was and all the details.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't be any prouder of my dream car. Way to show the world what Dodge, America, and the Viper is all about!! This is an unbelievable day in Viper history. So glad I can be a part of it through this website!

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's Lexus gonna do with the 50 uber limited edition overpriced Nurburgring edition LFAs now? They're gonna have to go straight to the used lots now

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how the vette forum moved my thread to other cars :rolaugh: check mate:D

Crickets over there. More than one ZR-1 owner has busted my chops the last few months locally. I haven't been to the vette forum in years but just had to look. Funny stuff.

Congrats and thank you to Tomball and Dodge for making the effort with out of production cars instead of waiting for the Gen 5.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the stupidest smile on my face, while reading Marv's post. I almost want to celebrate like I did when the Mavs won the finals. :D

Congrats to Team SRT, Tomball Dodge, Mintgen Motorsports, and all involved!!!!

-Signed,
Proud Viper Owner :D :D :D :D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...I still cant get over how on both 08 and 10 ACR respectively only took "HALF" a day at the Ring to set both records quite quickly and easily as compared to the countless days of prep and lapping spent by other mfg's to get there respective times. This ACR package is just plain nasty and a bargain compared to the heavy hitters its destroyed in both Ring records. I still think an 08 ACR would beat the ZR1 7:19 time given more prep/laps. Hats off to the ZR1 though. Who knows if this would have happened if GM didnt run the 2012 at the Ring to beat the old ACR number.

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has made my day. When I read it I was in taco bell with the wife and yelled out a big yell. Everyone kinda looked at me funny and the wife asked what. I kinda said loud enough where everyone could here the Viper is once again the fastest car lol.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to win the ACRX raffle pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee G_d I will be a good boy I promise

Steve you can win the raffle after me! :D

It sure would be great to win the raffle. :headbang:

My ticket is on the way. :drive:

Maybe the next raffle could be the "Ring" ACR ?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FN Awesome...proud to say I own a viper and bought it from Bernie and Tomball!!!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv....thanks for the great news, I was running out of nails to bite on. One word for the SRT Engineers and Bernie et. al. at Nürburg ......RESPECT

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Team SRT, Tomball Dodge, Mintgen Motorsports, and all involved!!!!

But that ACR-X running a 7:03 is just STUPID FAST!!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KING OF THE RING!
(again)

Congrats to Chrysler, SRT, Tomball Dodge, Mintgen Motorsports, the [insane] drivers, and the uber-techs.

Excellent work, everyone!